Skip to main content

AMKC Atelier Es Teler Cake~!

One of the most happening local restaurant recently, which is owned by pair of husband and wife, Adhika Maxi and Karen Carlotta. And this is not their first success restaurant, they also owned and managed Union in Senayan area, which previously super famous for their red velvet cake.

Adhika Maxi, cooked at celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey restaurant in New York before, while his wife is super good at baking cake, which lead her to invent Red Velvet cake at Union, then Es Teler Cake, which is one of the "it" item and "must eat" item in Jakarta right now.

I happened to try out various menu in this restaurant by several times visit with different friends. I ate quite a few of their menu and found that every menu has their own uniqueness and I must say that out of the menus I ate, I haven't found anything which is not into my style. LOLZ!

I tried Aglio Olio on my first visit, but didn't remember to take the photo because I was too hungry and too devastated in trying their dishes. I get to eat basil bread and their cakes as well. We ordered Es Teler Cake and Lapis Cheese Cake. The Es Teler Cake I will describe it later on in this post but the Lapis Cheese Cake, I must it taste just so-so... It doesn't taste bad but doesn't taste good either. >.<

1. Diablo Chicken
It's not the menu ordered by me but by one of my friend. The chicken meat is tender and the sauce is spicy and rich.

2. Fried Kuetiau with Vongole
I knew you would say "what?!". Why should I ordered this kind of stuff in this expensive restaurant? Well, I was like step into the restaurant on my second visit, see someone eating this on the other table and "Oh I want that!!". And it does worth a try, it doesn't taste like Akang Kuetiau but a rather Indonesian taste, which is spicy. (I think they use a balacan sambal in this menu).

3. Pork Belly Roasted
This might be the best dish I've had in the restaurant. The potato puree was so soft and it does a pretty good magic if you eat it together with the pork belly. =P The pork belly itself was so tender that it melts the moment it get into your mouth. Uhhhmmm~!!

4. Roasted Vegetable
During my 3rd visit, I've been like eating the whole week outside food, which oily and unhealthy, so I decided to have a "rather" healthy choice compare to the other menu which is roasted vegetable. And, again the menu really give some surprise to me. It taste just right, not too salty, neither it's too oily or creamy even with the potato puree spread over the plate. Yummy!!

5. Banana Rhum Cake
On the first taste, this cake taste quite good, but as you keep going on and on, the chocolate was too much and instead of banana choco rhum cake, it tastes more like a too much of chocolate chocolate cake.

6. Martabak Cake
This was an "it" cake for sometimes quite sometime ago, and I was a fan of martabak, and haven't got a chance to try this out since I was out of country for quite a long time. So, I decided to give it a try. One of the most disappointing thing is that the cake was served FROZEN!!! I know you have a lot customer but this doesn't mean that you didn't care about the quality of your food. If only the cake is not in a frozen state, I bet this one would taste quite lovable. The mixture of chocolate, cheese and nuts is just so right. Though it doesn't taste even a bit like martabak, but I would definitely order another slice on my next visit. Just don't serve it in a frozen state and I'll be very grateful.

7. Es Teler Cake
TADA!!! The most happening cake in this town~ And for now, you might not be able to find this anywhere, unless in this AMKC atelier restaurant. I ordered this during my first and second visit and each visit gives me a different impression. The time I tried this out during my first visit, the cake was served just right, the cake was so soft and the cream was so wonderful, it taste like a real es teler. o_O" The time I tried this out during my second visit, I was very much disappointed. Again the restaurant was at it busiest time, I asked for the cake after my meal, but they served it out before my meal. And what's even hateful is that they served it in a FROZEN STATE.

I've visited this restaurant in a total of three times, and 2 out of 3 times they served me FROZEN CAKE. I mean literally frozen one, where you can still feel the ice and everything. and even worse the second time I ate the es teler cake, the ice melted that there's water around the cake after sometimes, which makes the cake taste wet and bad. m.m"

The dishes is marvelous though. =D Just remember to tell the hall staff to prepare your cake after your meal and not in a frozen state and I guarantee you'll have a wonderful experience dining in this restaurant. ^^

@ Seoucial / Inggrid Ng

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miryang Gang Rape = Signal's Last Unsolved Case?

If you're a fan of this Korean drama, Signal, which obviously I am then you would know that they're on their last case which tells about a gang rape which happens in a small city, Inju. A lot of people has been debating on whether this case is based on true events which happens back in Miryang in 2004. And once again the case which happened 12 years ago is getting people's attention.
Kalau kamu juga penggemar setia drama Korea berjudul "Signal", aku adalah salah satu penggemar beratnya, kamu pasti tahu kalau drama ini tengah dalam episode di mana mereka sedang berusaha memecahkan kasus terakhir mereka di mana terjadinya pemerkosaan beramai-ramai yang terjadi di sebuah daerah kecil, Inju. Banyak orang yang berpendapat kalau kasus ini dibuat berdasarkan kejadian yang pernah terjadi di Miryang di tahun 2004. Dan sekali lagi, kasus yang terjadi 12 tahun lalu itu memancing perhatian orang-orang. Last week episodes has been making my emotions to go up and down, and cry…

Zygoma Reduction by Korean Doctor~ Tulang Pipi oleh Dokter Korea~ (1)

Out of several zygoma surgery which can be done, two of the most common of zygoma surgery is zygoma arch and zygoma body surgery. But of course doing the arch would much more an easier procedure and consume lesser time compare to zygoma body surgery. Though normally a common zygoma surgery will include both reducing the arch and body part of the zygoma / cheek bone. Normally reducing of the arch is to reduce the width while reducing the body would means reducing the front part for those who have high cheek bone.
Dari berbagai jenis macam dan teknik dari operasi tulang pipi yang ada, dua hal yang paling umum dari operasi tulang pipi ini adalah tulang pipi samping dan tulang pipi depan. Tentunya, pengerjaan tulang pipi di bagian samping merupakan prosedur yang lebih muda dan lebih tidak memakan waktu ketimbang tulang pipi badan. Walaupun biasanya operasi tulang pipi pada umumnya melibatkan pengerjaan keduanya. Biasanya reduksi tulang pipi samping bertujuan untuk memperkecil lebar wajah …

Get Rid of Your Round Face by Korean Doctor~! Hilangkan Wajah Bulatmu bersama Dokter Korea~!

Say like, you have a super huge face, it doesn't mean that everything can be done by doing a facial contouring surgery alone. Like I said, choosing on what techniques to be done on your face is like choosing the right outfit for yourself. Since my previous posts on huge face has been talking about a combination on facial contouring and fat removal, pure facial contouring surgery on angle and zygoma, and a double jaw surgery. But of course huge face doesn't always mean has to be corrected using a facial contouring surgery.
Bila anda memiliki wajah besar, bukan berarti semuanya bisa diselesaikan dengan operasi pembentukkan wajah. Seperti yang pernah saya cerita sebelumnya, memilih prosedur operasi untuk wajah anda sama seperti memilih baju yang tepat untuk anda sendiri. Posting saya sebelumnya tentang wajah besar telah membicarakan tentang kombinasi pembentukkan wajah dan pembuangan lemak, pembentukkan wajah dengan menggunakan operasi rahang kotak dan zygoma, dan juga operasi do…